How Do You Speak to Yourself?
Do you talk to yourself lovingly and with compassion?
Or do you speak harshly to yourself and say things like “I should have done better” or “I’m such an idiot?”
We all have an inner critic, of course.
But for many that inner critic is the most active voice in our heads. It feeds us a daily running commentary of negative thoughts, often without our awareness.
So, let’s pause for a moment and ask ourselves how we experience negative self-talk.
- How do you feel when you say negative things to yourself?
- How does it make your body feel?
- Do you believe what you are telling yourself and feel the tension mounting in your body?
- Do you feel like you have opened a floodgate of self-loathing?
- Have others said the same or similar negative comments to you?
- When others speak to you that way, do you believe it?
- Have you thought about where or when the negative beliefs originated?
To develop and grow ourselves in any area, we need to “assess our performance”. We do this naturally as humans!
Just like a baby learning to walk – they stumble and fall and try again and again until they perfect the skill without ever believing themselves to be stupid, or slow, or incapable!
They stick with it and pursue their goal until they achieve it, without self-judgment.
Stay connected & start your journey of SELF-LOVE.
Love Thyself. ❤️ It’s a well-known term not practiced nearly enough.
When is the last time you looked into the mirror, gazed into your eyes, and said “I love you?”
~ go ahead & try it, do it now!
Positively empowering you™,